This is a reminder that we have resumed our regular Saturday night service @ 5 PM using our outdoor chapel (weather permitting) Bring your lawn chairs (or use our benches) and masks and join us for this simple service of Word and Sacrament.
Of course, if there are any weather challenges and you are wondering if it is still happening, check our Facebook page or the church website for cancellations. If nothing is posted, we are on! And if worship is cancelled, make plans for dinner and view digital worship which will be posted later that evening or with the sunrise on Sunday. And yes, out of concern for those with health challenges and the not yet vaccinated among us:
- Social distancing and mask wearing continues
- Hand sanitizer will be accessible
- There will be no shaking of hands, hugging, or sharing of the peace
- Hymnals will not be used. Everything you need will be printed in the
- An offering will not be taken but baskets will be left near chapel
entrance for your offerings.
- Holy Communion will also be socially distanced with careful instructions and the wafer (host) only for distribution.
We are also encouraging small groups of the congregation to make use of our outdoor chapel for gatherings as well. During the months of May and June, we are looking forward to outdoor gatherings with our Sunday School and Confirmation families, Noontime Bible Study Group, and Men’s Breakfast Gathering. If you would like to use our outdoor chapel area, just check with the office first so as to avoid any schedule conflicts.
We look forward to a time in May or June when we can begin to return to our building. In the meantime, let’s hope for good weather and enjoy the great outdoors!